Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Inauguration of 17th Pune International Film Festival Forum 'in the presence of Govind Nihalani and Rohini Hattangdi

In the 17th Pune International Film Festival, after the formal inauguration of the platform by the famous director Govind Nihalani, activities of the PIFF Forum began. Rohini Hattangdi inaugurated the PIFF yesterday and Govind Nihalani, the famous director was awarded the 'PIFF Distinguished Award'.

Govind Nihalani said: The atmosphere has changed and everything has become digital. We have to be receptive to what technology is providing us. At the beginning, we used to work on celluloid and I love the look and feel of it. But the other options given to us are really good. We are getting a new way of making the image. We are being challenged by technology. The challenge is 'create or perish'. But there is also the opportunity to make as much as possible. Speaking on his experience with Vijay Tendulkar, he said, Tendulkar's influence as a writer and as a screenwriter is a seminal event. I have seen the cinema as a director but it is due to my association with Tendulkar.


Rohini said: I took my basic training in the National School of Drama. If you are only trained in cinema then the technology becomes more powerful. An actor needs to develop his original character. The following technology can be learned. Basic training in the theater is very important. National School of Drama gave me what I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment